Monday, September 28, 2009

Merci, Paris: Part 2

Part 2 of our Paris post was a visit to the amazing "merci" store in the marais. Housed in a former wallpaper factory "merci" is an incredible 16,000 square foot industrial conversion on the boulevard beaumarchais. The store is a 4-story haven, featuring a flower store, a used book shop, a perfume bar, designer clothing, a kids boutique, a fabric shop and more. It's truly like nothing we've ever seen. We loved the cute red vintage car when you enter, the vintage crates as wall shelves, and the little herb garden below, it was all very parisian and so chic. Scroll down for some photos below.

And are you ready for the best part? Furniture, clothing, and other pieces for the home are all donated by designers like YSL, Stella McCartney, Azzaro, Alexis Mabille and Marni. 100% of the proceeds from Merci go to a homeless charity in Madagascar called Accueil des Sans-abri. The store was started by Bernard and Marie-France Cohen, founders of Bonpoint clothing, (by the way- the most gorgeous french kids clothing line).

The Perfume bar is an Annick Goutal laboratory where you can create your own fragrance. Since the brand is not taking any profit on sales, the scents cost 40 percent less at Merci than at the brand's own boutique. The bottom floor houses kitchen goods, and decor items, where we stocked up on some wonderful pieces for our last sunday supper. There is also a communal cafe, serving coffees and treats. From the concept to the design- merci is a flawless project, and for such a good cause...we came back inspired & excited to share !
Merci is located at 111 Boulevard Beaumarchais, Paris 75003. Next time you're in paris, you must go!











16 comments:

  1. How much fun you must be having and what a great store...im so jealous! I havent been to paris for 3 years and probably not for at least 3 more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, really beautiful photos. everything about this store seems perfect. thanks so much for sharing (and the lovely gifts too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah! That's where my aunt does all her shopping. Love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!..really brilliant.

    I have seen images of this shop and quick write-ups but, I some how completely missed the entire concept of "Merci". It makes so much sense.
    Thanks for this fantastic share.

    Be well.
    Do good.
    All ways.
    All days.
    Stay true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pictures are inspiring me to get a plane ticket tout de suite!

    i love, love, love Sunday Suppers ~ It is my absolute favorite ~ all time blog! I live in Seattle, but my sister lives in Park Slope and I can assure you that the next time I am in town, I hope upon hope that I can attend a dinner ~ I may just make my travel arrangements around it!

    thank you karen + casey!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. That store looks incredible! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wante so much to see what the Merci looks like! amazing photos as always!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love paris and i know this store...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little present to send to you ---
    I need your address, please!
    pve design

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a french fan of your blog and I live near Paris. I've been four or five times at Merci store and I love your description, yours beautiful photos of Paris.
    I like the city in your eyes.
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. That store looks amazing. There is nothing like that here in Texas. I guess I will have to jump the pond. What fun.

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for this, I'm in Paris pretty regularly, will be headed to Merci in 2 weeks time! I LOVE the bag on the chair in the 3rd-to-last last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tea cups hanging from the ceiling. I first thought they were light bulbs. Great store concept esp. the tie to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahah! i am just reading through your old posts! i postd about this as well last week biut of course your photos are far more gorgeous! now i really can't wait to meet you! ox, deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete