Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Sunday Suppers :: Warm Robiola Cheese with Pine Nuts, Olives, and Golden Raisins
After collaborating with Shira on the menu from our Rustic Italian Dinner, she took the ideas back to the MSL test kitchen to plan everything out. Guests were thrilled at how yummy everything was (as were we!) and also most- importantly, how doable they are for home entertaining everywhere.
This week we’ll be sharing these amazing recipes with you. First up is one of the definite stars of the show: Warm Robiola Cheese with Pine Nuts, Olives, and Golden Raisins. A perfect Italian appetizer, the Robiola Bosina a.k.a. "Due Latte” is an Italian soft-ripened cheese made from the pasteurized milk of Piedmont cows and sheep. We recommend serving this with a tall glass of prosecco. enjoy!
Warm Robiola Cheese with Pine Nuts, Olives, and Golden Raisins
Serves 10 to 12
* 1/2 cup chopped homemade or store-bought roasted red peppers
* 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
* 2 tablespoons chopped oil-cured black olives
* 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 8 ounces Robiola Bosina cheese (murrayscheese.com)
* Garnish: fresh oregano
1. Mix together peppers, pine nuts, olives, raisins, oregano, and oil. Let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, let cheese stand at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cheese in an ovenproof serving dish until just starting to melt around the edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Top with relish. Garnish with oregano. Serve immediately. (Reheat cheese in oven for about a minute if it starts to set.)
Recipe Courtesy of Martha Stewart Living
Photography by Karen Mordechai